Khaz Modan Alliance

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

back to khazmodan.net | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Always so empty..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Boghur
Posted: Aug 10 2005, 11:39 AM

Gnome

Group: Members

Class: Warrior
Professions: Engineering, Mining

Greetings and salutations my fellow gnomes and dwarves.

I've always wondered why so few is around when I enter the world.. we are around 40 in the guild now, but often I'm alone or only 1-2 others are around at the same time as me.. and almost always the same people.
It was also a problem in the old guild.. Its good that we now have dwarves with us, so we can have full guild groups for fun things, but when noone is around, it makes it hard to get such groups up and running. So far I've been in pickup groups all the time.. and its not always fun. I've met nice people, but also rude and egoistic people that way..

I'm just curious why people are never there.. if I check the list, people have been away for around 2 weeks already.. in a newly formed guild..
I think I've only seen 1-2 from the guild face to face..

Boghur

Puffel
  Posted: Aug 10 2005, 12:33 PM

Gnome

Class: Warlock
Professions: Skinning, Skinning

Well Puffel is very busy with work now, and is sorry that canīt often come to venturing. But no worries Puffel will return in a short while... stay storng all

Sajag
Posted: Aug 10 2005, 02:30 PM

Gnome

Group: Admin

Class: Warlock
Professions: Alchemy, Herbalism

While I offer no direct solution, I would like to point out that if some of our members are not heard from in a long time (there is no hard rule about this, but 1 month is pretty long if the member hasn't announced anything), we will eventually remove them from the guild books. If they ever return, they will of course find a note in their mailbox welcoming them back.

Chii
Posted: Aug 12 2005, 11:58 AM

Gnome

Group: Officers

Class: Rogue

And we must remember, that it is summer and possibly many people may be having a summer vacation trip. If they go visit orher countries it might easily take 3weeks to be there.

Boghur
Posted: Aug 12 2005, 12:45 PM

Gnome

yup, I know about the summer vacations, but it was also a problem in the gnomes front lines.. I never saw more than 4-5 online at the same time.

Would also be nice, if more people were active in the forum.. I've tried putting a few topics up, in hope that more would come..

Chii
Posted: Aug 12 2005, 01:29 PM

Gnome

You are sadly right about that...
We should just try reqruit more people and make sure how much they are online. I have seen days when there is over ten of our member online. Evenings are time when many people can play, becouse of course some poeple go work or scheel at morning and day.
I think we should not hesitate at our guild members. Rome wasen't build in a day eather tongue.gif

Boghur
Posted: Aug 12 2005, 02:00 PM

Gnome

I'm normally on in the evenings.. and I have experienced the queue line being bigger and bigger for each day that passes.. the server is straining.. I've experienced more lags and server crashes than normally as well.. in the beginning the server was much better..

I enjoy playing on the RP server, since people are generally more friendly .. (just had a problem with a couple of paladins).. and its always fun to do a little roleplaying from time to time..

I know we are still relatively few.. but around 40 isnt such a small guild after all.. maybe we should try to recruit more dwarves? especially the priests would be really nice to have in the guild..

In the other guild I was in (its rather dead now), we only recruited lvl 45 and up.. we were dedicated to be an elite guild and so on.. but I dont think we need to think like that in our guild, since I feel that we focus more on having fun together.. A little activity would be nice though..

I'm sorry I havent been able to be at any of the guild meetings.. but maybe we should talk about what to discuss at the next?
- recruitment - how many, what lvls
- activity - how long before you are kicked out, without posting a valid reason
- sharing or selling to guild members - how do people feel about giving away stuff or selling for low prices to other members.. not including initiates..
- general rules - how to treat others in the guild and outside the guild. What is acceptable. Rumours of ninja-looting or otherwise herassing others.
- ranks - when to raise in ranks. lvl based, activity based or based on how helpful people are.
- guildbank - we had this in the old guild.. people would send to it, if they found anything of value or found trade goods they knew other could use.. then once in a while the banker-char would announce the content and people would roll for it or just get or buy it. We are still too few to have a good bank I think.
- roleplay events - since we are a RP guild, we should hold events with RPing involved.. maybe tournaments, games, camping out in dangerous places, story tellings, parades and stuff like that.

I'm still only initiate in the guild, so of course I cant deside anything.. only give ideas, for what I think could be fun and nice to have..

Chii
Posted: Aug 12 2005, 04:13 PM

Gnome

some of those things has allready been discussed, but some don't.
I was thinking about having a guild meeting soon... next weeks week end woud be good i think.

7 replies since Aug 10 2005, 11:39 AM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to General Discussion