Khaz Modan Alliance

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

back to khazmodan.net | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Buying and selling, What are your thoughts?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Sajag
Posted: Aug 18 2005, 10:51 AM

Gnome

Group: Admin

Class: Warlock
Professions: Alchemy, Herbalism

I thought I'd open a discussion about something that Boghur mentioned in a thread here. I realize this is a topic that's suited for guild meetings, but I think the forum complements guild meetings because everyone can access it without having to be at the same place at the same time (which is sometimes difficult to arrange).

What do you think about buying and selling things inside the guild? Here are some guidelines for your consideration...

- It's reasonable to expect that guildies help each other out.

- Giving away items or reagents or asking a price to cover production costs is encouraged.

- Nobody should feel that they MUST offer cheap services to the guild - but I would leave it up to every individual to consider when they could give such services.

- Don't ask for guild-priced reagents if your only intention is to craft something and then sell the procuct.

Speak your mind smile.gif

Stur
Posted: Aug 18 2005, 11:11 AM

New Comer
Gnome

Group: Members

Class: Warrior
Professions: Blacksmithing, Mining

I think the idea is good.
I have usually gived items that i don't need away for free to my fellow guild membrs.
Why sell it away when you can make someone happy

Boghur
Posted: Aug 18 2005, 03:02 PM

Gnome

Professions: Engineering, Mining

As I mentioned somewhere, the old guild I was in had a guild banker.
It has been emptied now, since the guild broke up because of a powerhungry officer kicked half the members and then left.. lots of misunderstandings and such.. and childish behaviour.. also why I prefer this guild and the more friendly and "mature" surroundings..
the items it HAD can be seen here:
http://www.rpgoutfitter.com/wow-gm/char.cf...ction=inventory

The idea behind it was as follows:
- everyone was free to choose if they wanted to use the banker
- if you sent something, be it money, bags, items, tradegoods, you could also expect to get something in return.
- mostly people asked in guild chat first, if anyone could use it.. and if not, they sent it to the banker.. but only if the quality was good.. if it was a mediocre green item, you were free to AH it and earn money yourself.

Of course we could risk people abusing the banker, never giving anything, but only taking.. but it would be noticed after a while.
Mostly we gave away things in the guild, unless it costed us money to make or required lots of work.. then a fair price would be set.

The banker would hold on to the items, money and tradegoods for a while, and the content could be seen on the guild website. If anyone needed anything, they could notice the bank-officers (I think we were 3 that could access the account) and it could be sent to the person.
If the items werent needed (after a while all the high lvl priests had the prayer of fortitude in the guild f.ex.), they would be AH'ed and the banker would keep the money.
The money could then be given out to members needing a mount or maybe have a lottery once a month or something.. also so people would be broke all the time, from not getting the AH prices.

Sajag
Posted: Aug 18 2005, 07:32 PM

Gnome

Group: Admin

Class: Warlock
Professions: Alchemy, Herbalism

Yes, this banking thing is good in itself, but I don't think we have the playerbase required for that to really be useful or even functional. This is

I was rather thinking more generally - like when you ask for some reagent or item in guild chat and then a trade is made - either for free, or for a small fee, or something like that. Maybe my post was trivial, don't know smile.gif

Samson
Posted: Aug 18 2005, 10:54 PM

Friend
Gnome

Group: Old Friends

Class: Mage
Professions: Engineering, Tailoring

Of course I'm very willing to give stuff that I don't need away for (nearly) free to other guildmembers, save for the very rare stuff. I think it could work... but if you all don't mind I'll wait a bit before I bank my golden pearls and elemental essences wink.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Xennus @ Dec 22 2005 @ 11:11 PM)
Samson rocks!

Posted: Aug 19 2005, 10:12 AM

Unregistered

Class:
Professions: ,

The idea is great!
I think we maby should talk about this in next meeting? Or maby we should wait, that our guild has grown a bit bigger.

Chii
Posted: Aug 19 2005, 10:13 AM

Gnome

Group: Officers

Class: Rogue

oopsie, that message was from me

Maļa
Posted: Sep 12 2005, 10:00 PM

Gnome

Professions: Tailoring, Enchanting

I will give free enchants to anyone willing to give me the odd green (And if you want a real bad ass enchant, blue maybe) item you dont want.

--------------------
The Kyoran riso ryu says: "Before you kill 'em, have some fun. Allways chopp of any hands/claws/tentacles. Mayby take the eyes out as well."

user posted image This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination.

Fizzlebits
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 10:06 AM

Gnome

Class: Mage

I think the banker is a pretty good idea - if for nothing else then it could be a place to send any recipes that aren't needed. A sticked thread on the forum showing the current contents of the bank (that would be updated as things are added or taken).

Anything left unwanted in the bank for a few weeks could be sold on the AH and money could be distributed to the most generous people who have banked items.

Personally I don't have much bank space and can not be bothered with extra accounts to hold stuff, so I usually just sell things I don't need if no one in the guild online at the time wants the item (and they often get offered when there's hardly anyone around as I sort my stuff out at the end of the day when most people have left). I'd be happy to keep track of it if no one else would, but I don't intend to share my account I'm afraid!

--------------------
QUOTE (Samson @ Feb 3 2006, 02:30 AM)
Fizzlebits rocks!

Chii
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 10:18 AM

Gnome

Group: Officers

Class: Rogue

this reminds me:
Boghur has given me some stuff he had found from hes trips to gnomeregan and other places. I will add the items here later and tell me if yoiu find some of those items useful.

Boghur
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 01:08 PM

Gnome

Otherwise Chii could make a banker char on her account and send the items to that one..

with an addon, you can then show all the items on the banker on a website..
like:
http://www.rpgoutfitter.com/wow-gm/char.cf...kin.Thunderhorn
you just sign up (And dont use the password you use when playing WoW for it!)

then you upload the file they ask for to their database, and it will refresh after a while..
but check out the rpgoutfitter.com website and check guild manager.. it has some niffy features.. you can also show your own chars there so people can see what cool items you have.. both in the bags and in the bank..

Posted: Sep 13 2005, 02:51 PM

Unregistered

Class:

Sound nice that trading and selling in the gluid
dry.gif i still need potion's for leaterworking

biggrin.gif

Posted: Sep 13 2005, 02:52 PM

Unregistered

Class:

Dammit what is my password??? am at work

Erebur

12 replies since Aug 18 2005, 10:51 AM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to General Discussion