Khaz Modan Alliance

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

back to khazmodan.net | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

A letter from a distant land..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Boghur
Posted: Dec 6 2005, 11:20 AM

Gnome

Group: Members

Class: Warrior
Professions: Engineering, Mining

A messenger rides in to deliver a letter that looks like its been underway for a long time. The letter is torn and blackened at the edges and has a faint smell of sulfur to it.

It says...

Greetings Khaz Modan Alliance.

I'm sorry you havent heard from me in so long, but I was called away to a distant land.. I'll try telling you what happened to me, but you should worry about me.
I heard news of dragons and demon gods and set out to follow my destiny to rid the world of such things.

One night I sat at the corner of the Inn in Khaz Modan and overheard some strangers talk about a Dragon called Onyxia and great demons in a place called the Molten core.. deep beneath the earth.. all trying to take over the world by vile schemes and sinister plannings..
That night I took a descision.. I packed my bag and desided to leave in silence.. I didnt want anyone to know about my plans, in case evil found out.

I traveled day and night for months, fought through hordes of monsters.. at one point I reached a cave filled with dragonkins.. I fought my way in and stood face to face with a mighty dragon.. it was gigantic! and much to strong for me.. it whiped its tail and I was slung through the air, hit the wall and I blacked out..

.. to be continued ..

Boghur
Posted: Dec 6 2005, 12:05 PM

Gnome

What happened in the next few weeks, I'm not to sure of.. I drifted in and out of consiousness.. I faintly remember some people picking me up .. shady clad.. hiding in the shadows .. I saw glimmers of daggers dripping with poison ..

I woke up in small bed and still in bandages.. I saw some of my equipment and bags in the corner of the room.. most of it looked ruined .. some of the shady people appeared in the room with water and some food for me..

I learned that a band of rogues had scouted the cave out and found me there close to death. They carried me back and bandaged my wounds, while treatening me with herbs and salves. My plate armour had saved me from most of the damage from the tail and the fire breath. It had scorched my bag and most of my belongings had burned to a crisp.. also the armor had melted many places and wasnt repairable.

After laying in bed for that long, healing my wounds, I lost most of my strength and I felt disillusioned by such a heavy defeat.. All I believed in had smoldered and I felt very lonely and depressed..

When I finally got out of bed and could walk around, I didnt feel much like going back to training my strength and skills.. I didnt feel like putting on another plate armour and just walked around watching the people around me..

One day one of the rogues appeared next to me.. I got used to them sneaking around, so I didnt get suprised, when they did that anymore.. he told me that their leader wanted to see me..

I went with the rogue.. a little curious about it, since I had yet to see who the leader of these people was.. I was blindfolded, since the deepest of the hideout were still a secret to newcomers.. only the rogues knew about it. I was lead deep underground, through what felt like a labyrinth of hallways.. they took off my blindfold and we stood in a large room.. I had expected some sort of throne room or something, but it was more like a big living room with a cosy fireplace. In front of the fireplace was a couple of chairs and in one of them sat another shady person. His clothe seems to shimmer and it was hard to focus on him.. except for his eyes.. they were shining under his hood.

He beconned me over and pointed on a chair infront of him. The other rogue behind me dissappeared and I was alone with the leader.. I walked over and sat down..

For a while he didnt say anything.. he just looked into the fire.. then he turned and looked at me.. his gaze felt very strong and I could feel that he was very powerful.. if I would have tried to attack him, I'm sure I would have been dead before I even got to touch him.. I felt a small shiver down my spine..

He spoke.. or more like whispered.. his voice seemed like coming from everywhere and nowhere in perticular..

He told me that they had watched me for a while before I entered the cave.. followed me from a distance, to see what I had in mind.. they watched me fight through the cave and were curious to how long I would get in.. they had thought I was foolish but brave none the less and thats why they desided to bring me back, instead of leaving me there to die.

He then asked me, if I was interested to forget my warrior way and learn the way of the silent killer.. normally I saw no honour in sneaking up and stabbing monsters and evil from behind.. I prefered meeting them head on in combat, but from my last failure, I could see that learning the ways of the shadows might not be such a bad idea..
He told me that, if should I ever expose their hideout I would meet a swift death.. once initiated in the ways of poisons and shadow, there was no turning back..

I aggreed and my training could start..

.. to be continued ..

Chii
Posted: Dec 6 2005, 03:32 PM

Gnome

Group: Officers

Class: Rogue

*Chii slowly reads both pieces of letter. Somehow she feels little Daju vu after finishing the second letter. She silently puts the letters away and starts reading the thirth one*

((When it comes i mean. Great writing Boghur! I can't wait until the thirth part comes!))

Boghur
Posted: Dec 6 2005, 04:17 PM

Gnome

With the warrior background, I knew how to handle most weapons, but mostly I had used blunt weapons and large 2 hands, where strength was needed.. now I had to learn how to wield daggers and how to prepare deadly poison .. how to strike where the foe was weakest and least prepared for an attack..

It was against my principles, as I mentioned before, but somehow it felt natural after a short while.. I was sent on missions to steal important papers or assassin key enemies, to weaken defenses.. and I started liking it.

One of my early missions were a test for most of the rookie rogues, I learned.. I was sent to pickpocket a key from a guard, sneak into a fortified tower to the top floor and steal the content of a chest. It wasnt easy and when I had opened the chest to take the things, the lord of the castle saw me and alerted the guards.. I sprinted out, jumped from staircase to staircase, avoiding the guards and jumped out the door into the night.. they gave up on the persuit and I passed my first rite as a rogue..

I learned that I also had to give up on my trusted heavy armour and shield, since it was too noisy for sneaking around.. instead I had to learn how to use leather as protection.. I gave up on engineering as well, since it wasnt reliable enough in dangerous situations.. I instead learned how to skin beasts and make my own armour if needed be.

I grew stronger and stronger and went on many adventures, which I'll tell you more about in other letters.. I know that I'll one day face that dragon again.. and then I wont be running headlong into battle with a battlecry.. I'll be sneaking in during the night.. unseen and hidden.. to have my revenge.

I cant reveal my current location, but if you want to write me, give letters to the messenger that brought this letter and he will find ways of bringing them to me. Dont try to follow, as I cant guarantee your safety.. rogues have ways of making people dissappear to keep their secrets.

Look for my letters.. I miss you all, but cannot show myself yet..

Take care
Boghur

eretnek
Posted: Dec 6 2005, 07:10 PM

Dwarf

Class: Paladin
Professions: Blacksmithing, Mining

* reading the letters, Eretnek thinks about the good old days, fighting side by side with Boghur, and now all these letters... are they true? someone else wrote them? what could be the answer... well, time will decide things, Eretnek hopes Boghur enjoys whatever he does and whereever he is now... *

Samson
Posted: Dec 14 2005, 12:12 AM

Friend
Gnome

Group: Old Friends

Class: Mage
Professions: Engineering, Tailoring

* After quickly having read the letters, Samson turns to his group of 40 veteran combatants and makes plans to face this legendary dragon *

(( ooc: Traitor! ))

(( PS. At Shazzrah now. Have yet to set foot in Onyxia's Lair. ))

--------------------
QUOTE (Xennus @ Dec 22 2005 @ 11:11 PM)
Samson rocks!

Maļa
Posted: Jan 4 2006, 04:19 AM

Gnome

Professions: Tailoring, Enchanting

*Reads, and is surprised at Boghurs decision. Well, hope they let him live..."

--------------------
The Kyoran riso ryu says: "Before you kill 'em, have some fun. Allways chopp of any hands/claws/tentacles. Mayby take the eyes out as well."

user posted image This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination.

Boghur
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 04:26 PM

Gnome

A new letter has arrived. The letter looks burnt in the edges and has spots of dried out blood.

Greetings my friends.

Sorry I didnt write you for so long, but things came up.

We slew the dragon the other day, but I found that it goes much deeper than that. The dragon was just a pawn in a bigger complot. I cant reveal much, since I still have to find out, whats going on.

The secret league isnt revealing much, since I'm still a rookie to them and they dont trust strangers. Actually they dont trust anyone.

I sometimes hear news about you, but only bits and pieces I pick up from travellers. I hope you are all alive and well and dont try to worry about me or all the evil in the world.. its just so much bigger than any of us.

The stirring of the insects in the distant silithus poses a threat to everyone, but that isnt our major concern right now. Others are dealing with that. The league is more concerned about the corruption going on and how evil has penetrated what we hold dear and sacred. Spies are everywhere, so dont trust strangers that are suddently nice and friendly for no reason.

The dragon we slew was a spy as well.. put on the throne next to the king, to infiltrate us and weaken his mind.

I've also learned that the horde has similar problems. Evil is not a race in these matters..

Take care and be ever watchful
Boghur

Samson
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 02:48 PM

Friend
Gnome

Group: Old Friends

Class: Mage
Professions: Engineering, Tailoring

A short note is sent back:

"Not that we didn't understand about their situation... the man-hours and materials they put into the construction of the magnificent city was not to be underestimated. But to lash out on the innocent peasants and farmers like that...

"So we were hired by this so-called militia; basically just a bunch of farmers with sharpened pieces of steel. Naturally they lacked the resources to take care of their enemies themselves, so they called in our help. As reward they only had a bunch of mail pants, leather vests and wooden rods. But ok, it would be for a good cause, for the survival of the humans.

"We went down there... Not much worth noting, resistance was very weak. After the deed was done we took the target's head delivered the bloody mess to the hungry farmer, who saw us coming from afar...

--------------------
QUOTE (Xennus @ Dec 22 2005 @ 11:11 PM)
Samson rocks!

8 replies since Dec 6 2005, 11:20 AM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to In-Character Discussion