Khaz Modan Alliance

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

back to khazmodan.net | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post )
Guild direction...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Powderbeard
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 12:36 AM

Racial Leader
Dwarf

Group: Officers

Class: Hunter
Professions: Mining, Skinning

My dear guild mates.

I must admit I'm a little worried about what's happening with the guild now a days. As we all know, our great leader, Chii, told us she had to leave because of real life issues, and we all respect that. And we have chosen a new guild leader, Samson, who have yet to prove himself as a leader, but has a good reputation in the guild and has done good things for some members. We're all hoping he'll do a good job!

However, I do wish to voice a few concerns. The meeting today didin't go real well, both due to Samson having some RL things to do, and that Chii had to leave us. As RL always go first, we all have to respect that. However, I do feel that there is a general lack of respect from some of our members when it comes to these meetings. People leaving in the middle of them to go to battlegrounds, talking when they shouldn't, nagging if it will be over soon etc. Also, when the meetings get announced a week in advanced, and you are going to play during the time of the meeting, I feel it's your responsebility as a member to show up that one day, as seldom as we actually have meetings. That's the very small cost of being in such a great guild. Again I must point out that RL issues always go first, and we must all accept if people have RL things the calls them away from the game.

Another concern is the direction this guild is headed, and the priorities we should be having. There was one thing that was said by Samson during the meeting today, and I don't know if I'm putting too much into it, but here it goes. When we were adressing the issue with people leaving in the middle of the meeting to go to a BG, Samson said "Do you know how the honour system works?" which I interpited as he meaning it was okay to leave the meeting in order to maintain or gain rank by going to the battleground. Personally I feel that this is a wrong priority, because if you're so concerned with your PvP ranking that it goes before a planned RP event or a guild meeting, you might be better off going to a PvP server. I'm speaking in general here, and I don't want anyone to leave. I just wish people would reconsider their priorities here. After all, this is a great RP guild and we don't want to see it falling apart because of a spilt between those who prioritise the guild and RP as opposed to PvP rank and high end raids.

I'd really like your opinions on this issue. I know I might get unpopular with some for posting these issues, but I'm just concerned about where this guild is headed. I've already talked to a couple of persons who are actually considering leaving the guild after the meeting today, and I've told them to give it a little time so that we can sort these things out. This alone should be enough to make us think about what has gone wrong and that we really should sort this out. Looking forward to hearing your replies.

Guest_Erebur
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 09:13 AM

Unregistered

Class:
Professions: ,

i go to batteground at 21.20.. and now one now what is goin to happen and we all don't got the time keep on holding a gluid meeting this one just failed a litle.. hope that it will be next time better

Thûrín
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 09:25 AM

Friend
Dwarf

Group: Old Friends

Class: Paladin
Professions: Mining, Blacksmithing

First of all, apologies for not being able to attend the meeting. sad.gif
As it seems , I always have some unexpected RL issues popping out when I should be coming to a meeting (well, luckily not "every" time).

What Powderbeard mentioned about prioritising our actions between PVP and Guild events,
is on my behalf very clear. I would never ever even consider about leaving a guild meeting because of PVP. And yes, I do also PVP every now and then (only Sgt. At the moment but still). Like Powder mentioned, the guild meetings are announced to be held so much earlier that one should be able to leave open space for one's schedule.

I wasn't able to attend , so I don't know how the meeting went ( sounds like not too well ). I have been very satisfied how the guild has worked so far ( that's why I have 2 characters in it ) and I think that we can make it work once again.

There are people that, in my opinion, are the spine and backbone of this guild. These are people that have either helped me a lot or impressed me with their friendliness. I would like to tell the names of these people in this meassage. Note!: The names that are not mentioned, does NOT mean that I wouldn't like you or that I wouldn't respect you. These are THE people who I feel deserve to be noticed, and so on I wish to point them out.

Chii: Best leader I have ever had, and I have been in a few guilds before KMA. Truly sympathetic and always willing to listen what people have to say. All in all, an amazing gnome girl!

Ladina: We have done a lot of thins together, instances and RP. Also some figthing about beards and drinking and HUGGING! *smiles*

Powderbeard: "LF a gentleman, good fighter, great RP, general help, ears (to listen) + loads of fun". You are the guy who fits perfectly in this description.

Erebur : Oke, here is the funniest dwarf alive. You are SO nice person Erebur that I don't know how that is even possible + always online + when online, always helping others.

Now the ones that weren't mentioned, these were the people that I have spent a lot of my time in this guild with. I hold no grudge against anyone, and I wish that it works like that also the other way around. There are also other members that I could / should have mentioned, but I felt that these people really deserved it now. rolleyes.gif ....

Thûrín
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 09:31 AM

Friend
Dwarf

Professions: Mining, Blacksmithing

And hey! I am not an initiate anymore, GRRRR! biggrin.gif

(and sorry for few spelling mistakes on the earlier post, I'm too lazy to edit them now. I hope you get my point anyways)

Kind Regards,
Thûrìn Thunderhammer
CEO of AHA (Anti-Hugging-Association)

Posted: Jan 30 2006, 10:18 AM

Unregistered

Class:
Professions: ,

(( huh.gif you miss spelled??? well don't read my part then))

Erebur
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 11:12 AM

Dwarf

Group: Members

Professions: Leatherworking, Skinning

((and i forgot to login...))

--------------------
-Argent Dawn- -Vasjh-

Zargoth (H) Sisikei (A)
Hurgut (H)
Erebur (A)
Zargy (H)

Ladina
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 04:35 PM

Racial Leader
Gnome

Class: Rogue
Professions: Tailoring, Leatherworking

I agree totaly with Powderbeard. I know we are going through a sort of a crissis now with Chii leaving us for some time but I'm sure we will all sort it out. I just want to say that I give my support to Samson since I think he is a great gnome (even though he seem to like being late and love taking on some orcs and stuff *hugs*) I also want to thank Thûrin for those kind words. I didn't know you liked my huggings so much *grin*

But back to the issue: this is an RP-guild and I've seen lots of great RP from many of you and it would be a shame if we would fall apart now. I think we all need to give it a little time, and to feel our ground. Samson is new as a leader and yes he had some RL-things to take care of. Come on people you are all a bunch of nice people and if you fall apart now I'll seek you all out and give you a beating *grin*

For Khaz Modan Alliance!

Samson
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 04:58 PM

Friend
Gnome

Class: Mage
Professions: Engineering, Tailoring

What Ladina said!

And about what I said about honor system, I meant that I can't blame anyone leaving for BG while they're waiting for me to show up.

And once again I would like to say I'm terribly sorry for how it went, and I really hope this won't lead to people leaving or not going to the next meeting I planned because I will plan a lot more for this guild! Keep an eye on this site!

--------------------
QUOTE (Xennus @ Dec 22 2005 @ 11:11 PM)
Samson rocks!

Erebur
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 04:59 PM

Dwarf

Professions: Leatherworking, Skinning

I am not leaving.... not yet

--------------------
-Argent Dawn- -Vasjh-

Zargoth (H) Sisikei (A)
Hurgut (H)
Erebur (A)
Zargy (H)

Fizzlebits
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 06:19 PM

Gnome

Class: Mage
Professions: Engineering, Mining

I showed up too late to see Chii and before Samson arrived and a BG popped up. I know it will be frowned upon by many people here, but I am in a PvP community (similar to a PvE community) and I have commitments to them as well.

If it wasn't for the 3 hour long queues I would be more than happy to stick around for the meeting, but as it works now that could be a possible 6 hours of "wasted" time.

I am very sorry, I know I am having less and less time for Guild things these days (not that I was ever the most active member) and I can understand your point of view. Best of luck to Samson!

--------------------
QUOTE (Samson @ Feb 3 2006, 02:30 AM)
Fizzlebits rocks!

Ladina
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 06:50 PM

Racial Leader
Gnome

No Worries Fizz. We did just get a bad starth yesterday so lets try again people *smile*

eretnek
Posted: Jan 31 2006, 05:25 AM

Dwarf

Professions: Blacksmithing, Mining

i agree with Erebur in some issues, especially the late part. The last meeting used to be a long-time-no-see event, we havent had one single event for ages, and i'd loved to see the new leader, his plans, and all of the guild business, the reasons etc. I'm not planning to move, i love this community, even Ladina's hugs-all-the-time *cheers and hugs Ladina*. especially that Chii would have promoted me if she would be in command *smiles*. Hope we get used to this new situation, and hope we get as much people for Gnomeregan as possible! May the Light give us strength!

Eretnek Strongwill
Proud Armorsmith of the Khaz Modan Alliance

Chii
Posted: Feb 1 2006, 10:36 AM

Gnome

I really am greateful about topics like this.
I must say that i was a bit annoying that people talked when i was explaining something at our last meeting. Though i want humbly apologise that i had to leave... Times after 20:00 are bit bad times for me since the computer is in my parents room *mumble*

I don't know how many times i was about to write to this topic and how many times i deleted everything i writed. I sorry if i have coused some confusion through my retiriment of leader-dutys. Now i am seriously pondering should i leave after all....

I don't know why but this guild and you people mean me a lot. Especially some members.
Aww i figured so long what i was going to type here... but now i froget it all... I think i should try clear my head *grin*

I think it is good or maby eaven great thing that you people post your thoughs. I really do.

Ladina
Posted: Feb 1 2006, 12:37 PM

Racial Leader
Gnome

Well Eretnek as to my hugging, if you don't like it just say so *wink*
And yes I also hope there will be many people to Gnomeregan, I might be wrong here but Nuggi can't come on Sunday so it won't be any raid since she was the one proposing it. But for my part I don't have anything agains going anyway and then one more time some other time when Nuggi can take part too.

And Chii you should probably leave or at least not play all days if you have problems with your parents. Real Life is more important then a stupid game anyhow *wink*
Samson will keep your seat warm and I'll be beside him with a helping hand and support whenever he needs it. And I believe most in the guild will be. Like I said earlier we only got a bad start but it will all work out fine!
And when you gets back to us or however you do it you will be welcomed with open arms and cheers. Maybe even a party if we're lucky *grin*

Chii
Posted: Aug 28 2006, 10:42 AM

Gnome

This topic is prevailing again.
some of our old members are leaving and some are on horde most of the time nowdays. I left the guild for a whle becouse of RP-reasons and i trusted that there will be a meeting like there was meant to be. Ratakar was there keeping the meeting but only with him was Harrim. My deepest thanks and respects to you Harrim.
We have a problem: We don't have much activate-members anymore. Why? We do not advertise our guild and recruit new members. To kep our guild alive is up to you people. Choose people to advertise and recruit new members. But if you think that we shold finally let our guild rest in peace say your opinnion out loud boldly. I do not give you a bad look.

23 replies since Jan 30 2006, 12:36 AM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 
<< Back to General Discussion